Healthy Vending Machines UK
Website under construction.
Healthy Vending Machines UK – Dedicated to Preventing Obesity and Related Illnesses in the UK by Supplying and installing healthy vending machines
Health surveys and the NCMP (National Child Measurement Programme) show that obesity and being overweight are a major problem across the UK. Figures revealed by these surveys and programmes for both adults (16 years and above) and children show that in 2014/15:
- 65.3 percent of British men were obese or overweight
- 58.1 per cent of British women were obese or overweight
- 19.1 per cent of children aged 10 to 11 were obese
- 14.2 per cent of children aged 10 to 11 were overweight
- 9.1 per cent of children aged 4 to 5 were obese
- 12.8 per cent of children aged 4 to 5 were overweight
Encompassing a wider range of ages, a Health Survey for England revealed that 31.2 per cent of children between the ages of 2 and 15 were either obese or overweight.
Consequences of Obesity
Obese adults face a significantly increased risk of:
- Type 2 Diabetes
- High Blood pressure
- Heart Disease
- Heart Attacks
- Colon Cancer
- Liver Disease
- Gall Bladder Disease
- Ovarian Cancer
While these serious consequences of obesity may not manifest themselves in children until adulthood, the following effects can already be identified in both children and adolescents:
- Raised blood pressure
- Chemical and hormonal changes including metabolic syndrome and raised cholesterol
- Fatty arterial lining changes
What’s more, obese children often also face an array of psychological and emotional effects, including:
- Low self-esteem
- Discrimination and teasing, even bullying, by peers
- Disturbed sleep
More likely to struggle with obesity as adults, obese children/adolescents also face the above mentioned risks and therefore an increased risk of disability, morbidity and premature mortality as adults.
Healthy Lifestyles + Healthy Nutrition = Healthy Vending Machines UK
These facts and figures make the absolute necessity for healthier lifestyles and nutrition undeniable. You can help to reduce obesity and ensure those under your care remain healthy by installing healthy vending machines on your premises.
Healthy Vending Machines UK
Dedicated to improving the health of children, adolescents and adults across the country, Healthy Vending Machines UK supply and install a wide variety of easy to fill and use, sleekly elegant:
- Hot and Cold Water Machines (the provision of chilled water is already a legal requirement for offices in the UK)
- Cold & Hot Drinks Dispensers
- Cold & Hot Food Vending Machines (offering anything from fresh fruits and vegetables through nutritional snacks and freshly filled sandwiches to healthy hot meals)
Bespoke Healthy Vending Machines UK
Serving schools, colleges and universities; offices, factories and other places of business; health centres, clinics and hospitals across Yorkshire – from York, Wetherby and Wakefield to Sheffield, Selby and Scarborough; from Leeds, Hull and Huddersfield to Harrogate, Goole and Doncaster; from Castleford, Bridlington and Bradford to Beverley, Barnsley and surrounding areas – we also have the ability to design, supply and install bespoke healthy vending machines to suit your specific requirements in terms of size, healthy drinks and fresh foods.
Contact Healthy Vending Machines
Whatever your needs, we can help you provide your visitors, employees and/or students with the kind of high quality, healthy and tasty snacks, meals or drinks demanded by our increasingly health-conscious society and, of course, your responsibility towards the health of those frequenting your establishment. To learn more about Healthy Vending Machines UK and/or discuss any specific requirements you may have, contact us today. Our friendly representatives will be happy to provide advice and answers to any questions you may have.